• Provides secretarial support to assigned attorney(s) which may include typing, drafting documents, answering phones, scheduling appointments, calendar management, dictation, opening and distributing mail. Deals with sensitive, confidential information and ensures that day to day support for team runs smoothly and effectively. This position will require someone who is enthusiastic and assertive and who takes pride in being part of a transactional team that provides high quality and responsive service to local, national and multi-national clients on a wide variety of matters.
• Prepares legal documents, correspondence, memos, letters and reports. Assists with drafting and preparing documents such as petitions, motions and interrogatories. Prepares and e-files numerous filings on a daily basis. Establishes and maintains files and enters data into a case management system. Assists in preparing written and oral presentations. Sends and retrieves documents from Records as needed and follows work flow procedures as it relates to opening/closing matters and generating engagement/disengagement letters.
• Answers phone, deals with routine inquiries for both internal and external contacts; refers calls to other contacts as needed and takes thorough messages. Utilizes strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Maintains a courteous and service driven demeanor at all times.
• Maintains attorney calendar(s) and contact lists as requested. Arranges all aspects of both internal and external client meetings and conferences. Stays apprised of calendars and actively communicates changes or reminders as needed. Assumes expertise of Firm calendar management software. If needed, coordinates all business-related travel arrangements for direct report attorneys.
• Maintains familiarity with legal terminology, working knowledge of applicable court filing rules, including electronic filing protocols in state and federal courts, basic legal procedure and law firm document protocol. Has knowledge of legal document formats such as contracts, agreements, briefs, summonses, complaints and motions.
• Ensures a high level of service when interacting with clients, opposing counsel, and other related internal and external contacts. Maintains discretion and sound judgment when interacting with others both external and internal to the Firm. Assumes a helpful, proactive and professional manner at all times when dealing with both internal and external clients. Supports and cultivates service standards as expected by the Firm.
• Operates standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, calculators, and uses required software applications to effectively perform job duties. Records, edits, and submits timesheets through time and billing system.
• Takes initiative to build on existing skills through both self-directed development, as well as Firm sponsored training programs. Shows willingness to share knowledge of specialist with others in the Firm. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Uses initiative and creativity to solve problems and research information to advance matters. Work with junior and senior level staff members to complete projects.
Real Estate Related Experience:
• Draft real estate purchase and sale contracts and conveyance documents using forms customarily used by developers and owners; draft loan transaction documents and checklists using mandated forms from various national lenders
• Recordation of real estate and lending security documents with federal, state and county jurisdictions
• Coordinate with title companies, surveyors and other third party services, as appropriate, regarding title diligence and UCC/Bankruptcy/Judgment Lien searches
• Conduct Debtor name search and related document retrieval from Texas SOS and Texas Comptroller’s offices
• Maintain document and diligence files relating to transactions and distribute transaction closing documents to clients and other parties
• Preparation of closing binders
• Coordination of all timekeeping, billing and collections, coordination with client/intake for new client/matters conflicts check and opening new billing numbers.
• Draft conflict waivers and new client engagement letters
• Prepare expense reimbursement statements via internal online system
• Salary :
• Benefits : Full time, permanent employees are eligible for:
o Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
o Medical, dental, and vision insurance
o Short and Long Term Disability
o Life Insurance
o 401(k) retirement plans